Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Invasion of the different

It was 1 am and my friends got the bright idea to go to Dhiyafa which, to all the ignorant people out there, is the city's original flirting street... You expect cars filled with guys and girls TRYING to work out their "groove thang"

Now, since this was a weekend (last Wed) traffic was expected... But not the kind of traffic we saw.... Let me clarify, we werent there for flirting. We were pretty much spectators to the fiasco, who incidentally were looking for proper fruit cocktails... And what we saw, was rather unnerving...

Having a few gay people out flirting is expected... But I counted 5 cars at 1:30 Full of gay guys, who were basically sloooowly undressing us with their eyes (no ma7'fee [tint]). Previously, gay people would never EVER flaunt the fact that they are gay... And that was just the half of it.

The girls were even worse probably since they have always been allowed to flirt like no tommorrow... BUT what confused me is "why now?"

Why are the collective primal urges of our youth coming to a head now?!!!

Is it because of new found freedoms ? Or is it because people are finally realising exactly what can be gotten away with?

I honestly dont know

I hope this craziness goes away... But I doubt my hopes would come to fruition.

....

On another note: Radars suck

6 comments:

Jassim said...

Lol... I just spoke about the same thing on my blog, but i am lazy to link to its post. What is happening to the UAE????

Jassim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rory said...

I hate that street..

and seriously, gay guys are now SHOPPING together, and not just nationals..!!

the other day I saw two syrian gay guys in the co-op.. i mean c'mon..

what is going on!?
and don't get me started on those girls,, it's simply Appalling

Arabized said...

yea same here i've noticed that its prevailant.

A gay guy was once hitting on this guy i know at the masjid! he was like come stand next to me.

the thing that gets me the most is that nobody says anything, well, i kinda do ( i sometimes just can't help myself and say 'OH HELLL NAHHH')

flamin said...

it's just disgusting, appalling and sad to be a mute spectator to the way society is disintegrating. no more cultural values, nothing remains. not sure where we are headed. there's no success or progress without ur own roots remaining intact.

Anon said...

Why knock it guys, surely by pushing flirting "underground" it will do more harm than good. Denying one's sexuality, and leving said individual in a more "frustrated" state, will only lead to more moral issues.
Don't deny yourself, but similarly, don't force your feelings on people who do not want/share them.