Monday, April 24, 2006

The solace of the sand

I grew up in a land of cousins and brothers
Where in Public, men never kissed their mothers

I learnt early on that staying silent was having grace
Yet passion's call does not allow for saving face

I sensed it was a forbidden love as I held her hand
Now in my heart's desert, I seek the solace of the sand

With the writing this poem I called forth an unjust shame
For my lonely night knows no forgiveness, remembering her name

Semper Fidelis

(I dont know whats gotten into me, but I had to write this... dont read into it)

7 comments:

Amna_a said...

Wow.. that was really beautiful and meaningful

3li said...

Hmm,,, the blog seems to be acting up,,, thanks for your comment moviemania

Amna_a said...

Your welcome, it's a moving poem.. especially the last verses..

Mine wasn't working the other day too.. but I think they work now.

Rory said...

Lovely poem,, meanigful.. love it

Good one 3lo.g

Arabized said...

you are apparently hard to get a hold of :P

3li said...

Lol,,,yeah

ZanZoon said...

beautiful... just beautiful