Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Can I change the world?

I had an intresting experience yesterday,.,.A mini debate over whether or not I, as a single individual, should be able to change the country (even a little)...His train of thought stated that one man can do no good, whether that one man's ideas are good ones or not, since the collective mind of this country will never pay attention to what he has to say, and he will always be overuled by his elders,.,.,. Now, I thought about this for a while, and came to the conclusion that if I dont try to change my country (or anything else for that matter) though I am one person, then I have failed as a human being and a muslim.,.,.the tides of change are within ones soul

The problem is, the perception of the community dulls ambitions of change.,.,.How many entrepeneurs can you name from the new generation? How many UAE students have become millionares from the ground-up?
Its all because of fear

3 comments:

MJ said...

Can you just imagine what life would be like if everyone sat home and kept telling himself/herself that I can't change the world so I will try to enjoy what I get? what would be the point of being here? or of studying? of reading and trying to learn more about everything so you can understand the world and everything in it more, to try and make it a better place because no matter how good life is, there is always something that you can change and make it better.

and if what you believe in is something new to people around you, you just have to persuade them and get them to believe in it too.

UAE is the place to see how change can happen and it can be so good for everyone involved.

Arabized said...

a single individual can change the country, he/she just has to try. It's the way he/she approaches the matter. His/Hers demeanor.If you are passionate and have zeal you can do it.

Isn't Sheikh Zayed (allah yurhamu) a great example?

You may start off as one person with a dream, but later many people will join, come together with the same dream.

one just has to try.

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

ofcourse you can