Sunday, February 19, 2006

Madinat Jumeirah

ok,,, so there I was at madinat jumeirah (and mina salaam), with loads of free time,.,. I work out at mina salaam and today I felt exceptionally bored SO I decide to check out the tourist trap's shops and see what they have to offer... No Ipod nanos on sale as usual, and I ended being cheated on a msba7 I bought (there was a 200 dhs difference between two shops)

Sickened by the fact that I was cheated on msba7s, I head back to the (mixed) gym and have an intresting workout... At the end of it, a train of local girls walk in and start gawking at me (the only local in the place). Let me describe it : I was a complete wreck, I havent cut my hair in a while, and was chatting up the trainers there about how come they are not married yet,., suddenly, I see like 10 black clad girls (1 wasnt) walk in, and I quickly desist my ranting over the unmarried trainers... then foolishly thinking they are gone, go work my abs out close to the entrance. To my utter and complete horror, they came back,,, with two of em no longer clad in the abayas they sooo dearly cherish (i think they were doing a project)... let me say this much I was lying on the ground with literally two others right in front of me, and let me tell you, IT WAS AWKWARD, (I also think they got my face on camera)!

weird day,.,.

10 comments:

Rory said...

Hahahahaha,, well what do you know.
Us girls stare sometimes :p

u reminded me of the gym, haven't been there in a while. i should go..

Arabized said...

Stare sometimes? sorry but thats all I see 'the black clad' do at times.

So they go to the gym wearing abaya's, then take them off, and then work out in a mixed gym? smart.

:/

MJ said...

I was going to not comment because you thought me MAJNOONA!

BUT. the post is funny.

Local girls are scary, they will probably be sitting down now (or maybe posted in their blogs) about the local guy who was playing in the gym even though there are not many local people in that gym.

SCAARY!

and I want to go to Madinat Jumeirah! and race. :P

Arabized said...

hahah race.
they supposedly can't go faster on the abra's because there is a certain speed. surreeeeee. i'll tweak it next time i go. (6)

don't you agree that some of the juices there have a little 'kick' to them?

3li said...

Rory: yup,.,.but it gets weiiird when they dont look away when you stare back :-P

Arabized: yup, some of their juices are a bit strange to me,.,. And please dont go race-tuning any abras

MJ:
MjJJJJJ!!!
once again, I apologize!

Indeed the girls are scaaary, but not as scary as race-tuned abras!!!

Rory said...

racing abras??

what is that??

hehe,, i dont usualy go there so i have no idea wht's tht?!!

Arabized said...

what do you expect? i mean who else would tweak them besides me?

i think i harassed possibly every worker there. ( *note i was not mean to them!)

:)

3li said...

abras are little boats they have there to ferry you around the place in madinat jumeirah,,,unfortunately they dont go that fast, and so arabized is going to make em faster!!!!!

MJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rory said...

oooooh,, 3abras,, lol,, ok now i get it :p